This event is an opportunity for you to meet and make contact onsite with Flemish employers, while gaining insight into living and working in Belgium in general and Flanders in particular. The event will give you all the support needed for your job search in Flanders, Belgium.
To take full advantage of the event please remember to:
- Register as a jobseeker (participation is free of charge, but previous registration is mandatory, since limited places are available), see how by watching this video; (REGISTRATIONS TO BE OPEN SOON)
- complete your profile and upload your latest CV;
- Study and analyze the available information on the participating companies, their main projects and recruitment needs, identify the questions you want to place, anticipate possible questions by the employer
- browse through the job offers and apply before the event for these fitting your profile - only by doing so will you have the chance to be invited for one or more interviews
Participating companies may invite you for one or more recruitment interviews on October 15th or 16th. If you are pre-selected for an interview, you will get a notification from the employer(s) concerned, outlining possible time slots for the interview. You should reply to this notification as soon as possible.
For further info on how to apply for a job and schedule an interview, watch this video.
During the event:
- Our advice is that you set the whole of October 15th aside in order to take advantage of the information and advice on offer
- Although the ideal approach is for you to apply for jobs before the day itself, you should always carry a few printed CVs in English - they may be useful when approaching the Exhibitors
- When approaching the company stands, it is vital that you create the best possible impression. This involves demonstrating a firm grasp of spoken English and a positive and assertive attitude. You should also be able to display proven knowledge of the companies in question and their current main projects. Attention to detail of this kind will make all the difference when it comes to creating the maximum positive impact
- Make sure you arrive on time for any pre-scheduled interview