Are you an Engineering or ICT professional? Based in Portugal now?
Have you ever thought about Belgium / Flanders as a career destination?
Save the place and dates:
5th and 6thNovember 2015 (Thursday and Friday), from 10 am to 6 pm
During 2 days, Work in Flanders! event will give you the opportunity to meet and make contact with Flemish employers in the Engineering & ICT sectors and gain some more insight on searching for a job, living and working in Belgium and Flanders in particular. You may as well follow a Programme on the 5th November, also to be streamed live, with companies’ presentations on their recruitment needs and what they expect from you.
This event will offer YOU a full support package to your job search in Flanders. You will be able to:
- Apply, during the next few weeks, to jobs fitting your profile, and maybe be pre-selected for one or more interviews;
- On the 5th November:
- make first contact with Flemish employers at the stands;
- take part in company presentations;
- attend a workshop on living and working in Flanders;
- Benefit from (previously appointed) on-the-spot recruitment interviews with employers (on the 5th and 6th November as well).
Please take a look at the Programme from 1st October onwards.
To get the most out of the event you should register online beforehand. Registration will give you access to a wide range of features on offer, as well as regular updates, also regarding other online and onsite European Job Day events.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A SUCCESSFUL PARTICIPATION?
- Register as a visitor (entrance is free of charge, but previous registration is compulsory, since limited places are available); see how by watching this video;
- Study / research the available information on the participating companies, their main projects and recruitment profiles / needs;
- Search for the jobs for which you gather all or most of the requirements and apply to those matching your profile;
Participating companies may invite you for one or more recruitment interviews on the 5th and 6th November. In case you’re pre-selected, you will get a notification by employer(s) on the possible time slots for interview, to which you should answer ASAP.
For further info on how to apply for a job and schedule an interview, take a look at this video.
- Also check the 5th November Programme regarding workshops and company presentations (possible updates up until October 31st);
- Get ready, select the companies you want to approach, document yourself about them, identify the questions you want to place, anticipate possible questions by the recruiter.
During the day(s):
- If participating onsite, we advise you to save the whole day (5th November);
- If only online, please check the final version of the Programme a few days before the event; get organized to watch and interact in the presentations which may of interest to you (you can and should be selective);
- The ideal approach is for you to apply to jobs on the platform beforehand; however, you should always take with you one or two printed CVs in English as well, namely if you intend to benefit from EURES advice;
- When approaching the company info points, a careful image is important, but also a good level of English and a positive and assertive attitude; also the demonstrated knowledge regarding the companies and their main projects will make the difference. Therefore, you should document yourself as much as possible beforehand.
Visit regularly www.europeanjobdays.eu/workinflanders for further updated information.