If you are looking for a job, a traineeship, a research, entrepreneurship or voluntary work project, in Portugal or in Europe, UAlg Online Careers Fair grants you the opportunity to make direct contact with employers and other organizations in Portugal and Europe - as well as with labour market experts and mobility supporting services.
You will find support and advice on how to look & apply for a job, about other career pathways and you will have access to information about living and working in Portugal and in other European countries.
Participate online (or, if you are in the Algarve, join us at UAlg Auditorium in Gambelas Campus) and meet employers from all over Europe looking for your profile and skills.
SAVE THE DATE: November 28th, 2019
- from 10:00 to 17:30 (GMT, Mainland Portugal timezone)
- from 11:00 to 18:30 (CET, Central Europe timezone)
In this first UAlg Online Careers Fair edition, you have the opportunity to meet online employers from all over Europe. You may participate wherever you are, in Portugal, Spain or in another European country.
If you happen to be in the Algarve (in Faro), you may as well follow the Programme onsite, in UAlg Auditorium (Gambelas Campus).
This event provides you with a full package for your job search in Europe. You can:
- apply, during the next few weeks, to jobs, traineeships and research opportunities matching your profile and be selected for one or more interviews, to take place on November 28th;
- make a first exploratory contact, via one-to-one live chat, with employers, EURES Advisers and other career management and mobility experts;
- (if selected) participate in online recruitment interviews with employers;
- during the day, follow and actively participate in a Programme of workshops, info sessions and presentations, to be streamed live from UAlg Auditorium (in Gambelas Campus).
To take full advantage of this event, you should register as soon as possible. You will get access to a full range of functionalities, as well as regular updates about the event. Find out how to register HERE.
How to participate:
- Register as a jobseeker (participation is free of charge, but registration is mandatory if you want to apply for jobs);
- Go through the available information about participating companies, info points and countries and about their recruitment needs / profiles;
- Search for the job / traineeship opportunities for which you gather all or most of the requirements;
- Apply (through the platform) to those vacancies matching your profile.
Participating employers will schedule online recruitment interviews on November 28th. In case you are pre-selected, you may be invited for one or more interviews during the event.
- Check also the Programme to be streamed live on the day (updates until November 22nd);
- Prepare yourself, select the companies, countries and mobility supporting services to approach, identify the questions you may want to place.
During the event:
- To take the best advantage of the info, advice and employer meetup opportunities, we advise you to save some time on November 28th;
- Minimum requirements to participate: a computer (PC or laptop), a tablet or a smartphone with stable access to the internet + a pair of headsets with microphone; for the interviews, a webcam and a Skype account are a major plus;
- Be selective in the workshops, info sessions and presentations to follow;
- When approaching employers, a cared personal look and professional posture are important (even if online); also a good level of the required language, combined with a positive attitude, will prove highly beneficial. Finally, the demonstrated knowledge about the companies and their main projects will be a plus. You should therefore document yourself as well as possible before initiating contact.
Check this website on a regular basis for updates on the event.
We're counting on you on the 28th!