If you are looking for a job, a traineeship or a research project, UAlg Online Careers Fair 2020 grants you the opportunity to make direct contact with employers and other organizations in Portugal and Europe - as well as with labour market experts and mobility supporting services.
You will find support and advice on how to look & apply for a job, about other career pathways and you will have access to information about living and working in Portugal and in 11 other European countries.
Participate online and meet employers from all over Europe looking for your profile and skills.
SAVE THE DATE: November 12th, 2020
- from 9:30 to 17:30 (WET, Mainland Portugal timezone)
- from 10:30 to 18:30 (CET, Central Europe timezone)
In this 2nd UAlg Online Careers Fair edition, you have the opportunity to meet online employers from all over Europe. You may participate wherever you are, in Portugal or in another European country.
This event provides you with a full package for your job search in Europe. You can:
- apply, during the next few weeks, to jobs, traineeships and research opportunities matching your profile and be selected for one or more interviews, to take place on November 12th or the days after;
- make a first exploratory contact, via one-to-one (Skype) chat, with employers, EURES Advisers and other career management and mobility experts;
- (if selected) participate in online recruitment interviews with employers (up until November 21st);
- during the day, follow and actively participate in a Programme of workshops, debates and company presentations, to be streamed live from UAlg & several other places in Portugal and Europe.
To take full advantage of this event, you should register as soon as possible. You will get access to a full range of functionalities, as well as regular updates about the event. Find out how to register HERE.
How to participate:
- Register as a jobseeker (participation is free of charge, but registration is mandatory if you want to apply for jobs);
- Go through the available information about participating companies, info points and countries and about their recruitment needs / profiles;
- Search for the job / traineeship opportunities for which you gather all or most of the requirements;
- Apply (through the platform) to those vacancies matching your profile.
Participating employers will schedule online recruitment interviews on November 12th. In case you are pre-selected, you may be invited for one or more interviews during the event.
- Check also the Programme to be streamed live on the day (updates until November 10th);
- Prepare yourself, select the companies, countries and mobility supporting services to approach, identify the questions you may want to place.
During the event:
- To take the best advantage of the info, advice and employer meetup opportunities, we advise you to save some time on November 12th
- Minimum requirements to participate:
- a computer (PC or laptop), a tablet or a smartphone with
- stable access to the internet
- a pair of headsets with microphone
- for the interviews, a webcam and a Skype account are a major plus
- Be selective in the workshops, debates and company presentations to follow
- When approaching employers, a cared personal look and professional posture are important (even if online); also a good level of the required language, combined with a positive attitude, will prove highly beneficial. Finally, the demonstrated knowledge about the companies and their main projects will be a plus. You should therefore document yourself as well as possible before initiating contact.