How to get to ISCTE
ISCTE – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa (Lisbon University Institute)
Avenida das Forças Armadas
Phone: +351 21 790 30 00
GPS coordinates: Latitude 38.748753 Longitude 9.153692
The best way to get to ISCTE-IUL is the public transport network, but here's some information about all the available options to help you decide which type of transport suits you best:
By Subway (Metro)
Take the yellow line and get off at Entre Campos station. Walk about 150m towards Entre Campos roundabout. At Entre Campos roundabout turn left to Forças Armadas Avenue and walk about 150m. ISCTE-IUL will be on your right halfway up the avenue.
Here is the link to the subway (metro) map.
By Bus (Carris)
Bus lines and nearest stops:
Take the Bus number 701 or 754. Get off at the bus stop Faculdade de Farmácia (upper part of Forças Armadas Avenue). Walk down the avenue. The entry to ISCTE-IUL is about 50m far, on your left.
Other Bus lines and stops within walking distance
- 731 - Hospital de Santa Maria
- 755 - Cidade Universitária
- Aero-Bus (from Lisbon International Airport) - first stop at Entre Campos
Here is the link to the bus lines, routes and timetables.
By Train (CP)
1. If you are travelling from the Greater Lisbon area, take the Azambuja line. Get off at Entre Campos station and choose the Avenida da República exit. Walk about 250m towards Entre Campos roundabout. At the Entre Campos roundabout, turn left to Forças Armadas Avenue and walk about 150m. ISCTE-IUL will be on your right halfway up the avenue.
2. If you’re travelling from out Lisbon with Alfa Pendular or Intercidades and your train doesn´t stop at Entre Campos station: get off at Oriente station and take the subway (right beneath the train station). Take the red line towards S. Sebastião up to Saldanha station, change to the yellow line heading to Odivelas and get off at Entre Campos station. Then follow the steps mentioned above.
Take note: CP offers significant discounts on all Alfa Pendular and Intercidades if tickets are purchased 8 or more days beforehand (up to a maximum of 60 days).
Check GPS Coordinates and the Google Map above. Drive up Forças Armadas Avenue heading to Sete Rios. Enter the parking lot located on your right approximately 100m from the bottom of the avenue.
Lisbon Airport has a subway station with a direct line to the city centre. The Aeroporto – Saldanha line takes you to downtown Lisbon in about 20 minutes.
To reach ISCTE-IUL by subway take the red line up to Saldanha station, then change to the yellow line heading to Odivelas and get out at Entre Campos station. Walk about 150m towards Entre Campos roundabout. Turn left at Entre Campos roundabout to Forças Armadas Avenue and walk about 150m. ISCTE-IUL will be to your right halfway up on the avenue.
The Aero-Bus which runs from Lisbon International Airport has its first stop at Entre Campos.
If you choose to take a taxi, you can usually find one outside the airport and near the main subway or train stations.
As ISCTE is not too far from the Airport and the City Centre, taxis are an affordable transport option, even with the luggage fees which may be charged separately by the driver.
Depending on traffic and whether you depart from the airport or within the city, the journey to ISCTE-IUL should take between 10-20 min and costi between 10 and 20 euros, including luggage fees.