Campus de Caparica, on the southern margin of Tagus river (Almada, after the bridge), is served by a wide transport network, including combined services (bus, train, ferry) and also by tram: terminus “University” is located right in front of one of the FCT entrances.
From the Lisbon Airport, to reach both the Campus and the suggested Hotels, taxi is still the fastest way to get to Caparica. It will take you 20-25 minutes (also depending on the traffic) and cost you approximately €25-30 (depending on the final destination), not more than this. Exception: during weekends and at night, there is a 20% surcharge.
If you want / have (the time) to use public transport, it might take you a bit more than 1 hour and you will have to do it in 3 steps:
1. In the Airport, take the special shuttle bus (Aerobus City Centre, line 1) to Lisbon downtown (€3,00), and hop off either at “Terreiro do Paço” (in Praça do Comércio) or at “Cais do Sodré” train station, next to one of the Ferry stations;
2. Take a Transtejo ferryboat to “Cacilhas” (10 to 12 minutes, €1,20);
3. Once in “Cacilhas”, you can
- either take a tram (MST) to “Universidade”
- or take one of the following TST buses: “Marisol” (126), “Fonte da Telha” (127) or “Costa da Caparica – via Almada” (124).
They all stop next to one of the FCT main entrances and in Caparica town centre.
Depending on the hotel you’re in, we can also provide you with info on the best transport options to get to the Campus. We will try to provide a digest info during next week, but please don’t hesitate to come back to us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.