Partner sites:EURES

EURES Veterinarians Sweden

from: Sweden

The organisation is registered to participate in the following event(s):

According to our latest figures there is a need of 350 licensed veterinarians in Sweden. Today we have three employers with us who cannot find the sufficient amount of veterinarians in Sweden and therefor have decided, with the help of us, to start looking for licensed veterinarians outside of Sweden.

In order to work as a veterinarian in Sweden you need to have a veterinary license in an EU/EEA country or Switzerland. It is preferred that you have experience from the profession as well. In addition you need to apply for a veterinarian license with Jordbruksverket in Sweden. Applying for Swedish license is something that the employer will help you with if an employment in Sweden will take place. 

When coming to work in Sweden as a veterinarian learning the Swedish language is important. Colleagues can often speak English but contacts with customers will be in Swedish. To obtain a license as a veterinarian in Sweden knowledge in Swedish is as well a requirement. There are free online Swedish lessons that you can start with that can be found on the Web. 11