On behalf of several public hospitals in Denmark, Look Abroad! is offering attractive positions for specialist doctors with experience or interest in emergency medicine. We have vacancies at the island of Zealand and the central part of the Jutland peninsula.
Why Should You Apply?
Apply for this job if you would like to get:
- Good opportunities for professional development, including:
- The option of obtaining the medical specialisation in emergency medicine in Denmark, if you are interested in that and do not have this specialisation already.
- Courses related to emergency medicine.
- 20 days of competence development per year, e.g. national and international congresses.
- Participating in the development of a new emergency medicine department.
- A permanent and stable job full-time job.
- A position as a specialist doctor. For candidates with more than 7 years of experience it may be possible to obtain positions as senior specialist doctors.
- A very competitive salary exceeding 110.000 euros gross/year.
- 37 hours of work per week and 6 weeks of paid holidays.
- Working and living in a medium-sized town in Zealand or Jutland, enjoying a high quality of life and being close to nature.
- A good work-life balance.
- A future life and career in Denmark, one of Europe’s top welfare states.
- A free, 5-months intensive online Danish language course during which you will be paid an economical support of 1.000 euros per month.
- A 2-weeks Danish course for medical specialists through Skype.
- Medical authorisation in Denmark without having to do it yourself.
- Assistance with the relocation to Denmark and spouse employment assistance.
- Triage of emergency patients, diagnostics, treatment and decision to transfer patient to other departments.
- Team work with doctors from other specialities and other professionals.
- Working in shifts.
- Supervision and teaching resident doctors.
- Your role and your tasks depend on the position and the hospital. We will offer you more information about the vacancies of your interest during the interviews.
You will be working as an emergency medicine doctor at a Danish public hospital. The specific tasks will depend on your profile and interests as well as the needs of the hospital.
- University degree in medicine and completed residency (any speciality).
- We prefer candidates with:
- previous experience working with emergencies.
- specialisation in accident and emergency medicine or additional training in this area (a master degree or similar).
- experience and interest in some of the following: gastroenterology, endocrinology, pneumology, family medicine, geriatrics and anaesthesiology.
- experience with triage.
- More than 3 years of experience working as a specialist doctor.
- Oriented towards the patient and teamwork.
- You are motivated for living and working abroad.
- To be able to help you obtaining your Danish authorisation we need you to:
- Be a citizen of a European Union member state.
- Have a university degree in medicine and medical specialisation (residency) from a European Union member state OR …
- … have a certificate recognising your residency from a European Union member state and at least 3 years of work experience from the same European Union member state obtained after completing your residency.
- As a person you are extrovert, proactive, and able to manage many tasks in parallel. You thrive in an environment where unexpected things happen.
You will use the Danish language at work and you will get intensive, free language training to help you reach a sufficient level before starting working in Denmark. To be able to participate in the Danish language course you will need to:
- Be available for participation in an intensive 5-months online Danish course.
- Be proficient in spoken and written English (B2 level or better).
How do you apply?
Please forward your application and CV in English marked "Emergency Medicine Doctor” by mail to Arne Beyerholm at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Please include a copy of the diplomas for your degree in medicine and your medical specialisation (residency). Feel free to include any further attachments, which you find relevant, e.g. certificates, references, etc. These should be in English, German or Spanish.
If you do not want to apply for this position, but would like us to consider your CV for other jobs in Denmark or Northern Europe, then feel free to forward your CV. Forward it by sending a mail with the title “Unsolicited application”. Please include your diploma and other attachments as described in the paragraph above.
Should you have any questions, then please send an e-mail to the above-mentioned mail address.
Look Abroad! helps Spanish and international medical doctors, dentists and engineers finding good jobs in Denmark and Northern Europe. Read more about us at: https://look-abroad.business.site.
Citizenship of a European Union member state is required.