Purpose of Job:
- The General Operative will report to the Production Manager or Production Supervisor and will take direction on a day to day basis from the Team Leader.
- They will be required to be available on both the day and the evening shift depending on business levels and shift rotation.
- They will ensure that products are produced safely, efficiently to the highest level of quality for the customer.
- Carry out tasks within area of responsibility to meet daily output requirements.
- Comply with SOPs, Safety and Quality system and procedures in their area.
- Maintain equipment and work area in careful and orderly manner.
- Take part in continuous improvement initiatives and opportunities to improve work processes.
- Follow and adhere to work instructions and procedures.
- Achieve daily and weekly production targets.
- Follow checklists and work flow guidelines where applicable.
- Assist Lead Hands during changeover of products to minimise downtime.
- Highlight any product, package or machine deficiencies to Team Leader or supervisor.
- Support Maintenance and Quality and other personnel to ensure production line runs safely and efficiently and to the highest level of quality.
Skills and experience required:
- A good command of the English language both written and oral.
- Previous experience in manufacturing is highly desirable
- Good organisational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Teamwork and positive interpersonal skills
- An eye for detail, quality focused and results orientated
- Flexibility to work both day and evening shifts and to be available to work overtime if required.
- Overtime rate of time and a half
- Onsite continuous training (Manual handling, forklift etc)
- Career progression opportunities
- Company events
- Onsite free parking
- Employee discounts