Your Recipe For a Rewarding Career Starts Here!
Why Dawn Farms?
We can offer an excellent opportunity to be part of a world-class team offering permanent, full-time positions with set hours and plenty of opportunity for further training, development and career opportunities should you wish to progress further. Our culture is one of inclusiveness and diversity with a constant drive and focus for continuous improvement throughout our business. Our production plants are located in Naas, Co Kildare with easy access via public transport.
Dawn Farms is the largest dedicated supplier of cooked meat and plant-based ingredients and fermented products outside of the US supplying world leading brands across more than 44 markets from our two state of the art plant facilities based in Naas. We also have manufacturing facilities in the UK and Germany. Dawn Farms is one of the largest employers in Naas, Co Kildare with a strong culture of diversity and inclusion.
On a day to day basis, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for the executing, monitoring and recording of the maintenance breakdowns and breakdown follow ups. You will also be responsible for delivering a high-quality maintenance service to the production departments. As a maintenance technician must ensure that maintenance works are carried out efficiently, effectively, safely and in line with the maintenance strategy.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out the execution of the preventive maintenance and condition based program.
- Providing maintenance support, entering data, updating equipment records, produce performance reports and participating in continuous improvement follow up.
- Electrical and Mechanical trouble-shooting.
- Electro-mechanical repairs to high-speed, PLC-controlled plant, handling and packaging equipment, also pneumatic and hydraulic control systems.
- Technical support for the plant facilities and services, including compressed air, refrigeration and steam.
- Performance of PM routines.
- Closely monitor line and machine performance and intervene on line as soon as any deterioration in performance occurs.
- As part of the technical maintenance team, work with equipment suppliers on new equipment and installations and modifications.
- To be observant & work off your own initiative when a fault is detected & to take action based on your best judgment on whether to effect immediate repair or not.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to shift technicians in areas you are strongest.
- Co-operate and participate fully in training and development in cross-skilling and other job-related competencies.
- Update the maintenance management system (CMMS), records of all changes, stores transactions made and work carried out.
- Troubleshooting using PLC Programs.
- Responsible for completion of your planned work, shifts daily input of all works onto CMMS, parts booked out of stores and control of breakdowns.
- Ensure Maintenance Manager is aware of any problems on site as soon as possible.
- Observing all onsite and legislative rules and regulations in terms of Food Safety and Health & Safety.
- Using all resources such as manuals, service contacts etc. to aid in breakdown recovery.
- Further responsibilities may be added from time to time as the strategy evolves.
- Ensure all parts are ordered by the shift technicians by the end of his/her shift.
- All relevant information is passed to both the maintenance manager and the next shift.
- Maintain workshops to a high standard.
- Follow all up to date stores and parts procedures.
- Assist with ensuring apprentices in their dept. receive appropriate training relative to their trade if required.
- Project work for apprentices to enhance their skills.
- Recording into apprentice log book all completed tasks relative to their training phase
- Recording of all damage to dept. equipment and reporting to department, engineering supervisor on same.
- Control of contractors and acting as liaison person as and when required.
Key Experience & Skills
- Possess relevant trade qualification.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role in regulated manufacturing environment (outside of an apprenticeship)
- Possess mechanical and electrical maintenance experience and/or qualifications.
- Excellent awareness and experience in relation to Quality, Health & Safety.
- Be familiar with planned preventative maintenance.
- Experienced in fault finding and problem solving.
- Comprehensive Knowledge of high-speed mechanical systems, electrical systems, automation and PLC control systems.
- Knowledge and experience in Maintenance strategy, Maintenance organisation and systems.
- Good PC Skills also required.
- Attention to detail
- Communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team.
- Results and quality focused.
- Display time and project management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Self-starter who can use own initiative and will endeavour to find improvements.
- Flexible to the needs of the business.
What we can offer you?
- Annual leave 22 days.
- Attractive rates & overtime opportunity.
- Pension at 3%.
- Subsidised health insurance.
- Subsidised canteen.
- Employee assistance programme - this programme offers expert wellbeing support 24 hours a day 365 days a year access to counselling, financial information, consumer information, life coaching, health information, autism support, parent coaching, International employee support, all free for you and your family.
- Wellness programme/campaigns.
- Maternity/Paternity leave benefits.
- Training & Development, Career progression opportunities.
- Christmas Hamper.
- Christmas Savings Scheme.
- Bike to work scheme.