The Control Room & Interaction Design Department is part of the IFE Digital Systems Sector located in Halden, Norway. Our department comprises applied researchers and engineers with core competence within nuclear process control, simulator & programming, interaction design, industrial standards & guidelines, and psychology. Our vision is to ensure high performance operation of safety-critical, digital control environments by designing and evaluating products and solutions that are aligned with human cognitive capabilities. https://ife.no/en/division/control-room-and-interaction-design/
You are a curious and highly motivated nuclear process expert, with experience from operations and/or simulator training. You are capable of understanding and explaining the technical details of current nuclear reactors but are also eager to develop and explore ideas for future reactors, new operational concepts, and solutions.
Your main task will be to provide technical support to a variety of international projects on operational situations and control room behaviours. The projects focus on both current reactors and future highly automated nuclear power plants.
Tasks and responisibilities
- Participation in the international Halden Human Technology Organisation (HHTO) Project and other research and industry activities
- Developing targeted scenarios in our simulator environment, the Human Machine Laboratory (HAMMLAB); preparing and controlling the simulators for data collection; observing/assessing/interpreting human performance and behaviour during and after the test scenarios
- Develop ideas for new research projects, initiate contact and cooperate with relevant research - and industry partners
- Project management in research and industry projects.
Education and Qualifications:
- Nuclear Process Control Operator and/or Nuclear Process Control Training Instructor
- Experience from nuclear operation and/or nuclear training
- Interest for digital control rooms, modernisations, decommissioning, simulators and programming is advantageous
- You should be a thorough, highly motivated, curious, and explorative person
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- Prefer to work interdisciplinary, and have excellent collaboration capabilities
We offer :
- A stimulating work environment with skilful, experienced, and creative colleagues in a multi-disciplinary sector
- Well-established national and international scientific and industrial networks
- A large degree of autonomy and flexible working hours
- Salary is based on the degree of experience and formal qualifications
- Membership is established in the collective-group life-/accident insurance
- A competitive salary with a good pension plan
- Halden is a small town with a pleasant climate, located 120 km south of Oslo and has very favourable housing prices and unique opportunities for outdoor activities
Desired date of first workday: 06/01/2022, or earlier.
We place great emphasis on your personal suitability for the position. IFE is subject to the National Security Act, and the candidate must be able to pass a background check and must be able to obtain security clearance and authorization.