Hi there! You know you’re a great devops / test engineer. But do you have any idea how powerful you are with your programming skills and that you can use them to literally make this world a better place?
In ACT, we have developed a scalable mobile marketplace for sustainable grocery shopping, which will empower consumers to start shopping sustainably almost overnight with the ACT app, changing the direction of their money towards producers who respect the environment and treat their workers well.
If your eyes widened and lit up a bit, read on!
What would be My role in ACT?
- Optimize the deployment pipeline for the development and maintenance of our microservice-based scalable backend architecture in compliance with best development practices (Java, Kotlin, Amazon AWS and native Android, iOS apps)
- Optimizing uptime and security for our payment services, product sustainability rating systems
- Setup automated end to end testing of entire pipeline and separate services
- Set up telemetry for deployment pipeline and production
- In short, the following KPI’s should be optimized:
- Delivery lead time - Time from code commit to code successfully running in production
- Deployment frequency - Number of commits to production pr. time unit (trunk-based development disconnected from release using feature toggles)
- Time to restore service - Time from bug reported time to resolution
- Change fail rate - What percentage of changes lead to: service impairment or outage, or require a hotfix, rollback, a fix forward or a patch
- Help launch version 1.0 of ACT app
What skills do I need to accomplish this?
- 1-3 years of experience with Java/Kotlin development
- TDD, CI, CD, SOLID development principles
- Scrum-based development
Plus with experience in:
- DevOps, Linux commands/batch scripting
- Development and production pipeline telemetry
- Feature switching, trunk-based development
- Web development, React
Why is working with ACT so awesome?
For countless reasons, but let’s just name these 3:
- Joining our team at the beginning of a fascinating journey means you’d simply have a say in what we do and how we do it and take ownership.
- At the same time, you will get constant support, working hand in hand with our diverse and competent team. Loads to learn from the extraordinary people on the ACT team.
- And above all, you’d play a crucial role in the emergence of (possibly) the only tool that can really impact the future of the food production industry (and collaborative capability platform in general) and thus mitigate global warming and change the lives of millions for the better.
What am I like in your ideal-DevOps fantasy?
- Loving, of non-violent communication and collaboration skills
- Disciplined and self-driven (it’s not easy to come back from work and work again!), honest and generally good-hearted as hell (...)
- A team player building effective and fun relations with other people of diverse backgrounds, even when they’re on the other side of the Earth (or screen)
- Enjoying remote work and flexibility of time and location
- Fluent in English
- Able to pay your bills and have a decent life with a current stable job and devote at least 10 hours per week to ACT project without a salary (for the time being), paid in equity
What is your gut feeling telling you?
We know this offer may be peculiar and the no-money-yet aspect can be tough. We’ve all been there, and yet there we are around 20(!) people literally infected with ACT’s vision. If your heart (or gut) tells you “I want to be the next ACTer, I want to have my share (metaphorically and literally!) in this world-changing project” there’s nothing left but send us an email, tell us what your heart told you about working with ACT and share your skills and portfolio to prove that you not only want but also can.
You cannot imagine how much we’re looking forward to meeting you :)
How to apply:
Please send us your CV, a link to your portfolio, and a few words about yourself, why do you want to work with ACT, and your relevant previous experience. You can use the Submission Form below or drop us an email at email@example.com with “Application for DevOps/Test Engineer” in the title.