What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for supporting delivery in Cisco Proactive Services portfolio in the area of Cyber Security Services, which includes Implementation and Optimization services, in customer environments including enterprise, public sector and service provider areas.
- Support Customers by providing technical support for during software and hardware upgrades.
- Delivers migration plans, with a thorough understanding on networked applications and related dependencies
- Under general supervision creates customer deliverable documentation including some of High Level Designs, Low Level Designs and Test Plans for the entire Security portfolio.
- Support design workshops and delivers consultancy services to customer.
- Works to understand the changing business needs and help aligning team goals to provide meaningful solutions for our customers.
- Acts as the technical specialist for complex deployments
- Supports the processes of capturing, developing, sharing, knowledge management in the area of Security Services.
- Support the efforts to drive continuous improvement as a key practice.
Who You’ll Work With:
- Customers - Interacts with Cisco's customers working within an extended cross-functional team including project manager and account team members (Products and Services Sales; Systems and Consulting Systems Engineers).
- Internal and External Teams - Works, with both internal and external teams, to come up with ways to optimize processes, and to improve productivity using automation wherever possible
Who You Are:
- Technical expertise in Security technology domain with demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following areas - Firewall, IPS/IDS, Admission Control, encryption, VPN etc.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting and/or implementing Security solutions across Enterprise and Service provider environments
- Experience in supporting documentation preparation implementing and optimizing Security solutions and a broader understanding of Cyber Security industry trends.
- Demonstrated expertise in Cisco ASA Firewall, Cisco NG IPS, Identity Services Engine,
- Third party security products & solutions knowledge is a plus.
- Fluency in a wide range of Security protocols including TCP/IP, encryption protocols, application layer protocols, network & link layer protocols, device & network management protocols.
- Knowledge in operational disciplines (systems management, systems monitoring, change management).
- Ability to troubleshoot, own and resolve implementation problems during migrations.
Delivery Excellence and Customer Orientation:
- Understands or experienced in Project Lifecycle Management and Process Orientation leading to quality and customer satisfaction outcomes.
- Consulting capability to manage stakeholders and customers in the delivery environment.
- Competent in managing customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Capable to earn a Trusted Advisor role in medium accounts
- Ownership of business outcomes reflected in quality, timeliness and reliability of delivery.
- Support and mentor junior talents to drive growth in the learning and development space in the team.
- Presentation savvy at Team/Regional events, and in selected areas of technical/ professional expertise.
- Capable to operate in some ambiguity through self-drive, motivation and belief.
- Articulate about technology through powerful communication, both verbal and written. Ability to present visually and drive communication in the context of solution storylines and draw Senior Engineers attention in conversations.
- Successful track record in current position
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams contributing effectively for collective successes.
- High on result orientation bringing best of breed execution methodologies to manage risks and escalations.
- Innovate for successful outcomes. Ability to contribute in a continuous improvement culture.
- Capable for innovating on process, deliverable layer.
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Requires BS/BE/B.Tech degree or equivalent.
- 6-8 years of related experience in IT industry.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in Security technologies.
- Certified Expertise in Security (CCIE or equivalent) is a plus
- Working exposure in any Industry Verticals/Domains is plausible.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.
Please apply at: https://jobs.cisco.com/jobs/ProjectDetail/Network-Consulting-Engineer-Security-CX-Center-Lisbon/1279454