Full Job Description *
With over 20 years of experience in the Nursing Homes Sector, the CareChoice Team is focused on transitioning CareChoice to become the most trusted and respected Nursing Home brand in Ireland.We are now looking for Housekeeping Assistants for our Nursing homes.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within a supportive environment whilst working with an experienced team of Healthcare Professionals in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Daily cleaning of allocated bedrooms and general areas within the Home
- To work within the housekeeping department as rostered
- To comply with The Marlay Nursing Home’s standards, policies and procedures
- To follow the cleaning schedule as directed
- To keep the all cleaning records up to dat
- To make sure all household stocks are in sufficient supply and report low
- To undertake any specified mandatory or additional training.
- To comply with the household dress code while in the home.
- To carry out all duties in a safe manner having regard for the health, safety and welfare of self, staff, residents
- Assisting in keeping the dining area organized clean and tidy
- Managing the safe storage and own use of cleaning chemicals and other products
- Collection and correct disposable of domestic and clinical waste
Qualifications and Skills
- Prevoius experience in similar capacity desired.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Professional, caring and empathetic nature.
- Be comfortable working in a sometimes, challenging environment.
- Have a good level of English language skills
- Availability to work varied shift patterns days, nights & weekends, across Monday to Sunday.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive induction training
- Free Garda Vetting
- A rewarding working environment, with support from supervisors and managers
- Competitive rates of pay
- Extensive in-house training (NMBI approved)
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers advise
- 1 Free Uniform/year
- Free parking