Hesehus develops ambitious e-commerce solutions on our own platform, Bizzkit. We are searching for a skilled frontend developer, who is motivated by working with state-of-the-art webshops for some of Denmark's most ambitious companies utilizing the latest technologies.
What are we offering?
We are Denmark’s leading e-commerce house and we work with some of the most exciting and ambitious customers within the B2B and B2C market. We develop advanced e-commerce solutions for customers such as Compass Group, Kansas, Davidsen, BabySam, Matas and many more. Our solutions are developed on market’s most complete software platform, Bizzkit developed internally in Hesehus. It allows us to work with the latest technologies like ASP.NET Core, GIT, Elasticsearch, Redis, Octopus and many more.
Our projects require several thousand hours and involve everything from managing multi-site solutions all over the world to advanced integrations for different customer systems. As a Frontend Developer you can therefore expect a dynamic and challenging workday, where your competences will be put into play.
As a member of our company, you will be part of a vibrant environment consisting of highly skilled and committed colleagues. Our commitment shows in the professional work with a strong focus on knowledge sharing and development. You will experience us as a workplace with exciting challenges open to good ideas. Our culture is characterized by a strong social and professional unity, a positive atmosphere and a strong focus on good management. Most recently, in 2019 and 2020, we have been ranked as no. 1 and 2 in ‘Management and work culture’ among 60 selected Danish IT-companies in a big IT Company Rank analysis conducted by Ingeniøren, Denmark´s largest and leading media within technology.
Although the company language is Danish, we have developers from all over the world including The Netherlands, Brazil, Greece, Bosnia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Spain and England, and we of course communicate in English to each other. However, as a way of integrating our international developers, we offer free Danish lessons in-house.
Your primary tasks:
- Development and implementation of resuable frontend functionality on our solutions.
- Creation, optimisation and maintenance of standard elements and packages.
- Testing solutions.
- Ensure performance and full exploitation of the browser's potential.
- Have a keen eye on the little details that lift the user experience.
- Be part of researching and implementing new technologies.
Who are you?
You are a passionate frontend developer with a basic understanding of UX principles. We expect you to have at least two years of professional experience. Further, we expect to be surprised by your huge drive and curiosity for new technologies. In addition, you take pride in your work, and always seeks to improve the quality of your work.
We expect you to have comprehensive knowledge of:
- HTML (5) and CSS (3) as well as extracting Figma designs to HTML/CSS.
- CSS preprocessors like Sass or SCSS.
- Newest features of JS (like ES2021).
- Bundlers like Webpack.
- Visual Studio or similar IDEs.
Further, you know how to link frontend and backend, and how to apply API's to communicate with backend. It would be considered a plus, if you also know how to work with dynamic pages, such as .NET MVC and the Razor syntax.
- Great opportunity to advance your own career. We hold staff development interviews twice a year, as we believe in a closer interaction with you and your development.
- Tailored development plans instead of a predefined career paths.
- Hesehus Training Academy - time for immersion.
- Family friendly and flexible working hours.
- Parental leave with good conditions.
- Free health insurance - covers also your children until they are 24 years old.
- Free Danish lessons in-house.
- Company lunch program.
- Beautiful premises located centrally at the harbour in Odense.
- Cozy office enviroment located centrally in Aarhus (right next to Aarhus Central Station).
- Extensive discount program including LogBuy.
Apply for the job
We offer a competitive salary based on your experience, as well as pension and healthcare insurance. We interview on an ongoing basis and employ when we find the right person for the job. Certificate of criminal record must be obtained before employment can take place.
If you have any questions, please contact HR Partner, Christina Hupfeldt at email@example.com or +45 24 65 06 46.
Apply directly online here: https://www.hesehus.com/career/frontend-developer
Hesehus A/S is a software company in continuous growth with +160 employees located on the harbour of Odense and close to the train station in Aarhus. We are Denmark’s leading e-commerce provider and we offer ambitious e-commerce solutions to major Danish Brands like Matas, Babysam, Kansas and Davidsen. We offer the market’s most complete software platform targeted at B2C and B2B companies, who wish to invest strategically online and make e-commerce one of their primary sales channels. Hesehus A/S was founded in 2002, has been appointed as Gazelle Company four times most recently in 2019, has achieved 15 top positions in the Danish E-Commerce Award by FDIH, and was in 2016 again elected as one of Denmark’s best workplaces®.